Saturday, August 8, 2009

Remembering Ray's Birthday

Always seem to draw from lyrics but this says it better than anything for me. Happy (08/09/1937) Birthday Pop!

Life is a book that we study. Some of its leaves bring a sigh. There it was written, my buddy, that we must part, you and I.
Times are long since you went away. I think about you all through the day, my buddy, my buddy, nobody quite so true.
Miss your voice, the touch of your hand. Just long to know that you understand, my buddy, my buddy, your buddy misses you. (A Walter Donaldson & Gus Kahn song w/my usual editing)


Really miss this dear gentle soul and loved the time spent with him. Have such fond memories and am grateful for having him in my life. Know you are too.

Please stay healthy, be safe, and keep in touch.

Love, Mom

No comments: